Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week 70: A New Friend in the Gospel


Hola 

Well this week was a great week for us because Yussen got baptized. wooooooh!! It was so great. We thought that Yussen was going to be baptized into a ward in Mochis because he lives in the city. His girlfriend lives in Rosales, so Yussen always attends church with his girlfriend in the branch. But I called the bishop of the ward and asked him what he thought about keeping Yussen`s records in the ward in Mochis, and he told me that girlfriends have a lot of power over people. He said that it would be better to keep his records in the branch because he is going to keep attending in the branch. Then I called President Myers and he said that it would be fine to keep his records in the branch. 

So we planned an amazing baptismal service :) We made the program, assigned the speakers, organized a special musical number, and had someone make a cake. It was perfect. It was also great because Yussen`s mom who is not a member of the church attended his baptism and she cried pretty much the entire service, so I know that she felt something. We also had the Elders from los mochis attend/help with the baptism. And afterwards, Yussen introduced the Elders to his mom and they are going to begin teaching her. And things have started off well because his mom went to church yesterday. :) 

I also had the honor of baptizing Yussen. Right after I baptized him and they closed the curtains, he turned and gave me a big hug in the water then said to me in a very calm voice, "I am so happy." It was an amazing experience. Then the next day he told me a little more of his experience. He said that when we were in the font and I started to say the ordinance, that everything went quiet and that I was a different person, then when he went under the water that he could not hear anyone and that everything was silent and that he could feel the spirit really strongly. He said that he felt the spirit in such a way that it did not dominate him but calmed his entire being. 

Then on sunday my companion and I confirmed him a member of the church and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. Also this same day, he was given the Aaronic priesthood. So now we are excited to teach him the ordinance of the sacrament. He is such an awesome guy and I am so grateful that I had the privilege to teach him. I hope that we can remain friends after the mission. 

But that was the highlight of the entire week. Obviously.

Today we also had a great day today. We organized a basketball game with the same missionaries that played soccer with us the other week. So we played basketball pretty much all morning and then went to Macapule to change clothes and shower. Then we planned to go to this brazilian restaurant that is a buffet. So we got there and it was really fancy. They bring all of the cooked meats out on what looks like a sword and they put it on your plate and you just keep eating until you dont want to eat anymore and the people just keep walking by with their different meats the entire time. It was delicious and really fun. It was funny because we had a missionary that has only been in the field for about 3 weeks and everyone was telling him, "Elder Rogers dont get used to this, this only happens one time in the entire mission." It was a good day. 

Well that is all. I love you all so much I hope that you all have an amazing week. 
Con mucho amor
Elder Snyder

p.s. Something crazy that happened… I was riding my bike home last night and my companion was riding along beside me, when all of a sudden I saw him disappear as if something pulled him under the ground. I looked back and saw that he had fallen off his bike by the side of the trail. We were riding along the trail and his tire must have sunk into the loose dirt or something and that is what caused him to go down. At first I went to check to see if he was alright, but afterwards, I could not contain the laughter. It was really funny. 


Yussen's Baptism



The sword of meats!




No comments:

Post a Comment