Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 66: Our Branch is growing…little by little!

Our Branch
Hola
So, it's General Conference this weekend and I'm super excited. I enjoy conference more and more now. After teaching the importance of living prophets so many times something starts to stick. I think I am going to watch it in the Rosales casa de oración. I also have to make plans with other missionaries because Elder Ramirez leaves for Obregón to go home on Saturday and I need to bring a companion with me to 4 milpas because we have to help the members attend the conference. And I think I will be watching it in spanish. There will not be an english room this time. Oh well. But I am afraid that I will miss the saturday morning session because I have to go with Elder Ramirez to the bus station, but I think I will download it and watch it later.

So this week it rained alot. And for those of you that know, we dont have any paved streets in our area so there was a lot of mud. We came home with very muddy shoes everyday. But it is okay because when it rains it is not super hot. Actually we had kind of a funny day. We decided to use the highway to ride our bike to Rosales which is like 40 minutes away. And as we started riding we could see the rain coming right at us. It was like a mile from where we were so we started riding even faster hoping that the rain would not catch us, but we were not fast enough. So there we were in the middle of the highway in the middle of nowhere in the pouring rain. We rode our bikes until we arrived at some sort of farm. There we took shelter with a bunch of other guys that work out in the field. And there we waited for an hour for the rain to stop. And by that time we were completely dry again. 

6 hours of church was pretty great too. We had a lot of people that went to both the branch and the extension. It was awesome to see the faces of the many less active members that we have been visiting go to church. The branch is getting bigger little by little. 

But other than that a pretty normal week. Our super golden investigator is progressing amazingly. He now wants to start reading Jesus the Christ because he loves to read. its awesome! 

I love you all so much. Thanks for telling me about everything back at home. 

Elder Snyder 


A cat we trapped in a birdcage.

Church members in Rosales and 4 Milpas



No comments:

Post a Comment