Friday, April 14, 2017

Week 94: Everything but a kitchen sink…literally!!


Hola
I am happy to hear about all of the exciting things that have been happening. That video of Parker playing the piano is amazing. I think I know who my piano teacher will be when I get back home. :)
This week was a pretty good week. We were able to teach a lot of people this week the only sad thing was that many of them did not really want us to come back for a second visit... haha. There are so many people and we really only have time to visit people that really want to learn more. 
So in our house we have to wash our dishes outside because we dont have a kitchen sink. So we washed all the dishes and left them outside to dry but when we brought them back inside we realized that both of our knives were missing. Then we realized that the dish soap was missing also. We think that someone has stolen our stuff so now we have been storing everything inside of the house. 

Also this sunday we were able to have a miracle. First of all I played the piano in sacrament meeting. Wooooooh!!!! And it was not perfect, but it turned out okay. I played nearer my god to thee and sweet hour of prayer. During sweet hour of prayer i was kind of nervous and I kind of forgot to breath while I was playing so I think that contributed to my errors, but I later remembered to breath and it got a little better :p But besides that we were able to have a new investigator at church. They recently moved to etchojoa and her husband is not a member. They also got married like 2 weeks ago. He seems like he is really interesed in the church and we have an appointment with him in the afternoon so hopefully everything goes well. 
We also gave service one morning. There is a really humble member in the branch and one day we came by in the afternoon and saw that he was starting to build his house so we offered to come the next day and help him build. It was pretty fun and I got to learn how to mix concrete and build a house :)

One of the greatest things that happened this week was that I got to meet Elder Evans. We had a district conference for priesthood holders in the district and president Myers came to speak. But along with him came this Elder. I had never seen him before and from the moment I first saw him I knew that he was different. After the meeting, I started to talk with him because I could see that he was standing all alone. I supposed that he did not know how to speak spanish that well and that was why he wasnt talking with anyone. So I got to know him a little better. He did not speak spanish that well and he had just gotten into his second transfer. Then he told me with disappointment in his eyes and said that tomorrow he was going home. That he had some emotional problems and had to return home. I felt really sad and in that moment I sat right next to him and put my arm around his shoulder and told him that everything was going to be alright. That he had every intension to serve the Lord and that he did what he was commanded and now the Lord has a new mission planned for him. He then put his head on my shoulder and said very sadly, "I know." I was able to give him a few more words of encouragement but while i was talking with him the voice of the spirit whispered something to me. I could feel the spirit say, "he deserves to be here." I in that moment knew that this missionary was called to serve in this mission and that the Lord knew that he was going to go home early, but that it was necesary that he came. When it was time for him to leave I gave him a great big hug. And I was happy to hear him say, "thank you elder Snyder for being a great example to me." I am never going to forget that. 

Today was also pretty fun because we went to Navojoa with all the other Elders and played soccer in the morning. The sisters were also there, but they were playing volleyball. but when we were all resting in the shade after playing a round, those sneaky sisters had gone to the store and bought water balloons and filled them up in the bathroom. Then when we were all resting they attacked us with their water balloons. it was pretty funny. Then after that, we helped fill up the rest of the balloons and had a big water fight at the end. it was a pretty great day.
Love you all so much
Elder Snyder












No comments:

Post a Comment