Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 79: Gifts of Christmas


My District

Hey long time no see :) 
It was so great to talk to all of you yesterday. It is always so much fun that I just forget what to say and just wait for you guys to ask me all the questions. I cannot believe that there are only 6 months left. It kind of scares me that it is going by so fast. It makes me sad that it all has to come to an end. When you asked me what my goals were for the last 6 months of my mission. I could hardly believe that I was at that point. I hope that in these last few months I can give it my all and enjoy the time that I have to serve the lord here. 

I have been very terrible about writting in my journals. I need to start again. I love reading and studying, but hate writing in my journal. But I am going to start again this transfer. 
One of the things that we have been sharing with the members this Christmas that I want to share with all of you is about the gift of Christmas. Our Heavenly Father has given us the greatest gift that we could ever hope for, which is the Gift of a Savior. Someone to redeem us from physical and spiritual death. And this year it is our turn to give our gift to Our Heavenly Father. But it is not something physical that we can give to him because all things physical are things that he has already given us or has loaned us. No, the only thing that we can give to Our Heavenly Father is our will. That we can give up something that keeps us from being like Christ or start to do something to make us more like him. It can be something keeping our thoughts clean, listening to good music, not complaining, or setting a goal to memorize hymns or scriptures. But that is what I want to invite all of you to do. That this christmas and new year we can all put aside the desires of "the natural man" and come to be more like Christ little by little. 

Well, I know you all want to know about the tranfers so here they are. I am staying in Alameda and will be reciecing Elder Sosa. He is a new elder that has not been in the mission very long. Elder Chavez is getting transfered and is going to be a DL. It was pretty funny because when they told us Elder Chavez was like, "ahh I wasnt ready to give up being minor comp and have a bunch of responsibilities." haha. it was pretty funny but he is going to do really well. 
Well I got here late, so I dont have that much time. I hope that everyone had and amazing Christmas and that you all have a happy new year. 
Les Amo
Elder Snyder

Ornaments we made for the branch members


Our little Christmas Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment